7-Day Beijing Tour with Terracotta Warriors and Longmen Grottoes
Day 1 Entry Beijing
Pick up from airport and transfer to hotel. Our guide will hold your name sign at the exit of the airport for you to recognize.
Day 2 Beijing (B, L)
Drive to the city center to visit the two symbolic attractions. Tiananmen Square is the largest city square in the world and of great historical significance, where you could see the symbol of China-the ancient majestic Tiananmen Tower. Nearby the square, is the Forbidden City, a world reputed palace of Chinese 24 emperors in Ming and Qing dynasties. Then move on to the Summer Palace, a beautiful royal garden where imperial family used as their summer resort.
Day 3 Beijing (B, L)
Let’s spend the morning in the Mutianyu Great Wall. The section is well-known for its beautiful surrounding landscapes and the peculiar wall shapes integrated with the steep mountains. A round- way cable car takes you up and down the wall to avoid the steep climbs. Afternoon tour is to be taken at the Changling Tomb of Ming Tombs, which is the ancestral tomb and also the largest among the Ming dynasty imperial tomb cluster.
Day 4 Beijing-Xian (B, L)
Spend our last morning in Beijing. We will visit the Temple of Heaven, a royal temple worshipped by Chinese emperors to pray to heaven for a good harvest, and then take a pleasant Hutong tour The Hutong area is where old Beijingers lived and the best place to read Beijing life. Have a rickshaw trip in the Hutong allies and drop in at a local Hutong family. After lunch, transfer to airport and fly to Xian. Pick you up from Xian airport and transfer to Xian.
Day 5 Xian (B, L)
The splendid Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum will give you an amazing experience this morning. Just imagine you stand quite close to the life-size warriors and horses made 2,200 years ago. Drive back to city center to visit the City Wall. As a main attraction of Xian, it is one of the largest ancient military defensive systems in the world. Then head for the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, symbol of the old-line Xian, a well-preserved ancient building and a holy place for Buddhists.
Day 6 Xian-Luoyang-Xian (B, L)
Hotel pickup and transfer to Xian railway to catch the High-speed train to Luoyang. Upon arrival, be met by Luoyang local guide.
Drive to the Longmen Grottoes. It is one of the three most valuable Buddhist cave and rock carvings in China, which is first carved during the Northern Wei Dynasty (386-534). The Longmen Grottoes were listed as a World Heritage Site in Nov, 2000. Then visit the other famous attractions in Luoyang-Shaolin Temple. It is located in Dengfeng county, 100 km south-east of Luoyang. Shaolin Temple is famous not only as one of China’s most important Buddhist temples, but also as the center of Chinese kung-fu. The highlights are Padoda Forest and the authentic Kung Fu Show. After the tour, take the High-speed train back to Xian.
Day 7 Xian-Beijing (B)
Our guide and driver will transfer you safely to Xian airport. Take the flight back to Beijing. End of our service.
* Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary.
* Meals as listed in the itinerary.
* Domestic flight Beijing-Xian and Xian-Beijing.
* High-speed train: Xian-Luoyang and Luoyang-Xian. (1st class seats)
* Free-bottled mineral water.
* Private English-speaking tour guide and private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing.
* Hotels in Beijing and Xian.
* Service charge & government taxes.
* Luggage transfers between airport and hotel.
* China life tourist accident/casualty insurance.
* International flights.
* Personal expenses.
* Gratuities, tips to guides or drivers.
* Discount for children from 2 to 12 years old differs according to your tour size.
* If you are a group of 10 or 10 people above, please contact us, we could give a very competitive discount.
* If you need to prolong your stay in Beijing, or arrive a few days earlier, please let us know and we’d be happy to extend your hotel bookings, or arrange additional tours for you.